Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hello from planet Zenon!


Hello!
I am Matthew from the planet Zenon! Just kidding, I’m from Australia.
I have two brothers, and 12 cousins. My favorite Authors are J .K Rowling, Andy Griffiths and Terry Deary. My favorite series is Horrible Histories. You may think I am a nerd, but those books are awesome!
In Aussie we do like spaghetti, and some Aussie foods are lamingtons, vegemite( a type of spread) and roasts. I love All cultures’ food, though.
The main sport that we follow in the world of Zenon A.K.A Australia, is Aussie Rules Football. Each team has eighteen players. You can kick or handpass (punch it off your hand) the ball. You try to get it to your forward 50m. Then, either someone kicks the ball after it touches the ground, or someone marks it. A mark is when someone grabs the ball after it has been kicked without touching the ground or being touched by another player. Then, they go back, and try to kick the ball through the central 2 posts. If they do, their team gets 6 points. But, if it goes through the outer posts their team gets 1 point. There are some finer parts of the game, but it’ll take too long!
Signing out, from planet Zenon.

No comments: